WHAT IS COACHING?
Coaching occurs through a series of conversations in which one person uses their ability to listen, to ask questions and to play back what they have heard. This creates a relationship of rapport and trust, that enables the other to clarify what matters to him/her and to work out what to do to achieve his/her aspirations.
In the Executive Coaching Program, coach and coachee partner to:
- Focus on achieving six-month career and leadership goals
- Use assessments to understand leadership strengths and communication style
- Create a custom plan: a ‘roadmap’ to the goals
- Discover and practice new leadership skills
- Resolve situational roadblocks that may emerge along the way.
The initial objectives for a coaching engagement are based on goals that are established in the first coaching session. From there, a process is followed as outlined below.
THE COACHING PROCESS
In partnership with their coach, coachees utilize the A-V-G-R-I-P model. This unique approach allows for the achievement of breakthrough goals in business and career while developing new leadership skills, and resolving situational roadblocks that may emerge along the way.
A – Assess: The coaching program starts with an Assessment called SWOT Analysis along with Psychometric Assessment.
V – Vision: Coachee will create a vision statement for herself/ himself.
G – Goals: The coachee will set the goals to achieve the vision. The coachee will gain
clarity and direction as they envision where they want to be six months from today.
Subsequent sessions focus on goal achievement.
R – Roadmap: In a this session, coachee and coach work together to map out a
customized step-by-step plan of milestones necessary to achieve the program goals.
I – Ideas: In subsequent coaching sessions, coachee and coach brainstorm ideas, learn
proven leadership principles and best practices.
P – Practice: At the conclusion of every session, the best ideas become measurable action accountabilities. The coachee will be supported to build these skills until they become second nature.
In every coaching session, we measure progress against program goals, roadmap, and action accountabilities from the previous session. In addition, we typically work with coachee in core areas of leadership including: negotiation, change management, leadership presence, effective management skills, time-management, communication, conflict resolution, motivating employees, personal branding and the like.
WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO:
- Support your personal and professional development;
- Facilitate gentle exploration of your needs, motivations, skills and thought processes in order for you to identify your own solutions and actions;
- Support you in setting appropriate goals and methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals.
YOU CAN EXPECT ME TO:
- Observe, listen and ask questions to understand your situation;
- Encourage a commitment to action and the development of lasting growth & change;
- Be supportive and non-judgemental.